COVID-19 UPDATE (19 MAR 2020)
It is important that I update you on how your Club is responding to the current outbreak of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Your wellbeing and that of our staff continues to be our highest priority.
With the recent announcement from the Prime Minister limiting gatherings of 100+ people indoors, there will be changes to the Club on a whole. During this difficult time we will continue to remain open and provide a quality social venue for our community, however it is vital we acknowledge in our day to day operations, the importance of social distancing.
So it is doors open, but we will need to make some changes acknowledging the importance of the health and wellbeing of our members and our staff. It is important to note the limit on 100 people as we understand it is not the entire venue, but rather the individual spaces, limited to maintain the required social distancing measures
OUR DOORS ARE OPEN
with some activities cancelled
TRADING HOURS 7 DAYS however times will vary as follows:
Monday and Tuesday 2pm Open – Close (Dependant on Trade)
Wednesday – Sunday 10am Open - Close (Dependant on Trade)
(Effective Monday 23 March)
At this stage the events that are currently going ahead include:
- Trivia on Wednesday nights (Skyline room)
- Bingo on Thursday and Friday mornings.
Things that have been postponed include:
- Joker Poker beverage promotion
- Friday Night Raffles
- Happy Hour
Note: We will be monitoring numbers in areas within the Club to comply with the updated social distancing requirements.
Whilst we must make changes during this difficult time, we remain positive about what we have to offer the community both now and in the future.
We have implemented a range of additional precautionary measures in relation to the ongoing health and safety for everyone at your Club.
- Reminding members, guests and staff of handwashing and personal hygiene requirements and provided hand sanitiser stations throughout the venue
- Demonstrating abundant caution by requiring staff and contractors to self-isolate if they have travelled overseas
- Increased venue cleaning procedures including regular wiping down of public surfaces such as atm’s, hand rails, poker machines and touch screens
- Individual supply of cutlery directly to each customer
- Wherever possible, ensured we have confidence in our supply chain of essential items to support our operations
- Any necessary changes to promotions and events will be updated on our website and on social media
Magpie Sports will continue to monitor the latest developments and advice from authorities. As the current situation is a developing one, we will provide updates to changes in your Club regularly.
If you have any specific concerns or questions, we recommend you refer to NSW Health website, which is updated frequently.
We ask that our Members and their guests take care of themselves, and rest at home if feeling unwell. In respect to the health and wellbeing of our staff, members and their guests, we will be asking anyone presenting symptoms to go home, rest and seek medical advice.
1800 020 080 Health Direct.